Fundação Ageas gives the “Fundação Ageas Social Innovation Award” to the mini-company that best addresses societal challenges while having a realistic plan for today’s market. In addition to having an excellent business proposal the mini-companies will be judged on their potential to make a lasting positive impact on people and our communities.
Social Innovation (50%):
- Innovation: the business proposal includes an original and innovative approach that differentiates it from competitors or similar initiatives.
- Implementation and roll-out: a strong business plan combining financial, marketing and communication elements in line with today’s market requirements that has potential for expansion and scaling-up.
- Entrepreneur: the team of the mini-company has clear entrepreneurial capabilities and each member demonstrates strong leadership, personal motivation, and team spirit.
Positive impact (50%):
- For Society (25%):
- The product or service developed solves a real social need and is inspired by a current (local or global) societal trend or issue.
- The mission statement is related to the social challenge identified.
- The impact of the innovation is well presented.
- For Customers (25%):
- The target market that will benefit from the business idea is well identified.
- They are the starting point of the proposal and remain a key stakeholder throughout the business decisions taken when developing the business.
- The business is replicable locally and internationally
Fundação Ageas Social Innovation Award Jury
CEO at Ageas Non Life, Agents & Brokers, and Member of the Executive Committee of Grupo Ageas Portugal
José is currently CEO of the Non-Life business of Grupo Ageas Portugal, representing the Ageas Seguros and Occidental brands. He is also a member of the Executive Committee of this Group and holds the position of Ageas Seguros Representative as Deputy-President of the APS Board of Directors. José Gomes is also President of the Board of Trustees of Fundação Ageas.
Chairman of the Board of Directors of Fundação Ageas
In 2002, Célia started to lead the Communication and Corporate Responsibility of the company in Portugal until 2008. That year, she left to Madrid for a new international mobility doing a 3- years mission as Director of Communication and Corporate Responsibility for the Mediterranean and Latin America Region at AXA. She returned to Portugal in 2011 where she assumed the Corporate Responsibility Department and the Presidency of the Fundação AXA Corações em Acção in 2012, which became known as the Fundação Ageas – agir com coração, after the acquisition of that Company by Ageas Group.
Director Strategy, Innovation and Sustainability at Grupo Ageas Portugal
Katrien set off in 2012 to join the Italian operations and have her first international work experience. After returning to Belgium for 2 years, leading a strategic transformation program, she took the bigger opportunity of travelling and moved to Portugal with her family. She is now leading the area of Strategy, Innovation and Sustainability with the aim to anticipate and prepare the future of Grupo Ageas Portugal, supporting the Executive Committee in defining and executing the strategy and creating significant value for all its stakeholders.
Director of Corporate Communication and Brand in Grupo Ageas Portugal
In 2016, when the Ageas Group acquired AXA Portugal, she took the lead in the respective rebranding program and is currently Director of Corporate Communication and Brand for the Grupo Ageas Portugal that consists of the following brands: Ageas Seguros, Ageas Pensões, Médis, Occidental and Seguro Directo. In 2018, she was awarded as “Communicator of the Year” by APCE – Portuguese Association for Corporate Communication -, where she currently is member of the Board.